As someone who is obsessed with manifesting my dream life,and from my experience with proof of manifestation, I believe communication is the first step to creating the life the heart desires. But when I say communication, I am not talking about how you communicate to your boss or children. I mean, it all starts with how you communicate with yourself, then of course, those communication habits transfer to how you communicate to the rest of us.
So, I did my homework. I set out and researched what influential leaders from around, and at different times in history have said about communication. Here is a complied list of epic communication quotes.
- "The best way to solve problems and to fight a war is through dialogue."
-Malala Yousafzai (Youngest Noble Prize Laureate)
- "Whether you lead a nation, an enterprise, a community, or a family, we are all in the communication business."
-Robin S. Sharma (Spiritual Canadian Author)
- "The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives."
-Tony Robbins (American Life Coach)
- I'm a great believer that any tool that enhances communication has profound effects in terms of how people can learn from each other, and how they can achieve the kind of freedoms that they're interested in."
- Bill Gates (Software Developer)
- "You can change your world by changing your words....Remember, death and life are in the power of the tongue."
-Joel Osteen (American Pastor)
- "Words are also seeds, and when dropped into the invisible spiritual substance, they grow and bring forth after their kind".
-Charles Fillmore (Known for spiritual interpretations of biblical sculpture)
- "Words of comfort, skillfully administered, are the oldest therapy known to man."
-Louis Nizer (Jewish Trial Lawyer)
- "A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation"
-Mark Twain (Father of American Literature)
- "The pen is the tongue of the mind"
-Horace (Roman Poet)
- "Words are but pictures of our thoughts:.
- John Dryden (England's First Poet Laureate)
- "Language exerts hidden power, like the moon on the tides."
-Rita Mae Brown (American Activist and Feminist
12. "A relationship is based on communication".
-John Cena (American Wrestler)
13. "Communication is something we all take for granted".
-Miriam Margolyes (Actress)
14. "For me, becoming a man had a lot to do with learning communication, and I learned about that by acting".
-Adam Driver (Actor)
15. "That's why I do this music business thing, it's communication with people without having the extreme inconvenience of actually phoning anybody up".
-Morrissey (The Smith's)
16. "To communicate through silence is a link between the thoughts of man".
-Marcel Marceau (Mime Performer)
17. "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit."
18. "Once you can communicate with yourself, you'll be able to communicate outwardly with more clarity. The way in is the way out."
― Thích Nhất Hạnh (Father of Mindfulness)
19. "Communication is the solvent of all problems and is the foundation for personal development."
-Peter Shepherd (Actor)
20. "The tongue is the only instrument that gets sharper with use."
-Washington Irving (American Historian)
21. "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
-Mother Theresa (Albanian, Indian, Roman Catholic Nun)
22. "The art of communication is the language of leadership."
-James Humes (Formal Presidential Speech Writer)
23. "Words empty as the wind are best left unsaid."
-Homer (7TH OR 8TH century BC)
24. "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind".
- Rudyard Kipling (Author of Jungle Book)
24. "It took me quite a long time to develop a voice and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent".
-Estee Lauder (American Business Woman)
25. "Be silent, or say something better than silence."
-Pythagoras (Greek Philosopher)
26. "Brevity is the soul of wit."
-William Shakespeare (World's Greatest Dramatist)
27. "To hold a pen is to be at war".
-Voltaire (French Enlightenment)
28. "Communication is a skill that you can learn. It's like riding a bicycle or typing. If you're willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life."
-Brian Tracy (Self-Development Author)
29. "Words, once they are printed, have a life of their own."
- Carol Burnett (Comedian)
30. "A different language is a different vision of life".
-Federico Fellini (Film Director in mid-1900s)
31. "Your ability to communicate is an important tool in the pursuit of your goals, whether it is with your family, your co-workers or your clients and customers".
-Les Brown (Motivational Speaker)
32. "Every day I try to be in communication with the universe in an unconscious way."
33. "Bad human communication leaves us less room to grow".
-Rowan Douglas Williams (Anglican bishop, poet, and theologian)
34. "Communication is everyone's panacea for everything ."
-Tom Peters (American Business Writer)
35. "Words are but pictures of our thoughts."
-John Dryden (England's first Laureate)
36. "Communication - the human connection - is the key to personal and career success. "
-Paul J. Meyer (Pioneer of Self-Improvement Industry)
37. "Communication is life creating itself through itself"
-Dennector (School of self-awareness)
38. Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing."
-Rallo May (American Existential Psychologist)
39. "The temple of art is built-in words."
-Josiah Gilbert Holland (Novelist)
40."The Single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
-George Bernard Shaw (Political Activist)
41. "Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
-Buddha (Spiritual Teacher)
42. "Every day I try to be in communication with the universe in an unconscious way."
-Paulo Coehlo (Brazilian Novelist)
43. "Take advantage of every opportunity to practice your communication skills so that when important occasions arise, you will have the gift, the style, the sharpness, the clarity, and the emotions to affect other people."
-Jim Rohn (American Entrepreneur)
44."Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them."
-Nathaniel Hawthorne" (Novelist)
45. "Everything becomes a little different as soon as it is spoken out loud."
-Herman Hesse (Received Noble Prize in Literature)
46. "My belief is that communication is the best way to create strong relationships."
-Jada Pinkett Smith (Wife of Will Smith)
47. "Language is a virus from outer space."
-William S. Burroughs (American Writer)
48. "Self-expression must pass into communication for its fulfillment."
-Pear S. Buck (Daughter of Missionaries)
49. "One's eyes are what one is, one's mouth is what one becomes."
-John Galsworthy (English Playright)
50. "As long as there is communication, everything can be solved."
-Robert Trujillo (Metellica)
51. "We shall never be able to remove suspicion of war until communication is permitted to flow, free and open, across international boundaries."
-Harry S. Truman (33rd President of USA)
52. "Trade is a communication of cultures and values."
-Jack Ma (Chinese Businessman)
53. "I feel that the great challenge of our time is the communication of ideas."
-Alain de Botton (Swiss Philosopher)
54. "I always find that there is real communication between voice and violin."
-Itzhak Perlman (Israeli-an Violinist)
55. "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."
- Ephesians 4:29
56. "The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."
57. "The whole problem is to establish communication with oneself."
-Elwyn Brooks (American Writer)
58. "Of all the life skills available to us, communication is perhaps the most empowering."
-Bret Morrison (American Actor & Radio Voice in the early 1900s)
59. "There is a world of communication which is not dependant on words".
-Mary Virginia Martin (Broadway star in early 1900s)
60. " Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good".
- Lao Tzu (Founder of Philosophical Taoism)